Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tips on Using Color Effectively in Your Paintings

Color is a complicated subject and this article is intended to give just a few helpful tips on the uses of colors.

First, I must say that you should invest in some good quality paints. I work mostly in oils, but I occasionally paint in acrylics. I really made an investment in the oil paints, however, I buy cheap craft acrylic paints so that I can feel free to experiment with them. Make sure that you buy permanent paints that won't fade in the sun. If exposed to the sun continuously, paints fade and a wonderful painting can be ruined fairly quickly.

When looking at a color wheel you will






fdsfsdf






twelve colors.




















See full size image

See full size image


310 x 359 - 32k - wgu.educommons.net/.../color-wheel/image


Image may be subject to copyright.


Below is the image at: wgu.educommons.net/.../image_view_fullscreen







No comments: