Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Painting





Last night I completed a painting of a woman who decided to rest near a tree frequented by fairies. At first I wasn't going to paint the fairies in because I always do fairies. I wanted to do something different.


As the painting progressed however, something was missing and I couldn't help myself. I was going to put wings on her and call it a day, but then decided that might create imbalance. So I decided to just make little ones that were all very curious about this human.


I think that part of what makes art awesome is the ability to twist and distort reality. Make colors brighter, and add a few things that were not there. I think it is so much fun to create and meke things more exciting and beautiful.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Cool painting. Love the moon :)

Athena's Armoury said...

Enchanting painting! That's one of my favorite things about fantasy in general: anything is possible.