Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Met James Woods

James Woods at the CBS 2006/2007 Upfront on May 17, 2006


I live in Rhode Island where the actor James Woods is originally from. I've been told he still owns property here and that his family still lives here.
I was at a local pet store last night and this man walked by me and I instantly recognized him. I said to myself - 'Oh my God, that was James Woods!" I thought that maybe I was wrong. I continued on with my shopping and at the check out there he was again, right in front of me. He had bully sticks for his dog - which are made from bull penis (yummy!). So I said to him, "I love bully sticks, my dog goes nuts for them." He started laughing and said, "Do you know what they are made out of?" I said "Yeah, kinda gross." He said, "Makes it tough for a guy to buy 'em."
He then went to get his dog from the grooming salon. He looked like a totally normal guy, in jeans and a t shirt. He came back out with his dog and made a comment about having had her since she was six weeks old and now she is fourteen. She looked like a little mixed breed old grey dog.
He was very nice and although I don't like to think of myself as a person who goes crazy over a celebrity, I have to admit I was a little star struck.

7 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Cool! Glad he was kind and friendly with you.

First Light Glass said...

That's cool that you had a real conversation with him!

Gallery32 said...

Awesome! I have always liked him. Sounds like you had a fun convo :)

Caroline said...

Wow, I always say the same thing too, never thinking I would get all crazy when I meet a star!
I think it is great!

icy said...

Thanks for sharing the story. I love Jimmy Woods! He's kinda cool.

Arelel Designs said...

That is so exciting!! And to think I got excited once about seeing our local tv weather man at Burger King...LOL Yours is way better.

CHARLOTTE said...

JAMES WOODS is a great actor as well as a nice kind gentleman. He lives currently in L.A./West Hollywod - has a house in Warwick (Chatham Circle), Rhode Island , where his mother lives. We used to see him around in West Hollywood walking his tiny dog Angel.

CAROLYN, West Hollywood ca