Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer Vacation is almost here!




Summer Vacation is almost here!



There is a feeling within me of joy, and beneath that, there is a feeling of fear.


Summer vacation means lots of fun things with the kids, it means getting up late and going to bed late. It means beaches, picnics and walks. It also means keeping them busy, which is not always easy for my crew. They can be difficult to entertain. The youngest one wants to run around like a maniac and get into dangerous things, the middle one wants to collect small things, have 'girls nights', and play school. The oldest one wants to complain about being seen with me in public, wants to know why everything is so unfair, and he wants to go to the video game store.

I will have my hands full this summer. I am looking forward to it, I can really spend a lot of time with my babies (the oldest would have died just then). What do you do to keep an almost three, almost seven and twelve year old busy? I will let you know when I find out.

4 comments:

ARTISANNE said...

Sounds like you'll have lots of fun! Get them doing some art too, some of your talent must have rubbed off!
The getting up late part appeals to me :0)

Expressions By Devin said...

I hope you have a blast this summer.I cant wait for summer Vacation Yay!!!

SassySashadoxie said...

Well, the three year old needs to be active. Finger painting with pudding was always a favorite. The middle and older one need to be put to work some how. Give them a special project like visiting nursing home or children's hospital. They learn the value of helping others. The 12 year old might not admit they like it, but after awhile they will. Just some ideas.

DoYouLoveLucy said...

man..I miss summer vacation. I wish I was a kid again!