Friday, June 12, 2009

My Three Pendants

I know that I shouldn't be so excited over only three complete pendants, but I really like them.
They were fun to make and I like the outcome. My biggest challenge has been getting the air bubbles out completely, and I am a perfectionist, so it bugs me even if it is one little tiny one.

So, I end up putting them in a cup of really hot water, letting the paper melt away and start over. I feel that it's too much paper waste though. It's frustrating, but I'm sure I'll get better at it, like anything else.

The following three pendants are all made from tiny prints of my art work. They are glass tile and they measure 7/8" square.



















The butterfly was done from a photo my neighbor took in colored pencil and watercolor.














The Sunflower oil painting is actually quite large. The painting is hanging in my home, someday it will be for sale.

This is my favorite. I love fairies. This is an acrylic painting on one side of a wooden cigar box purse.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=26320583

5 comments:

Almay Alday said...

Your pendants are beautiful!!

Sarah Knight said...

your work is quite exquisite!

Karen said...

Wow, I love the fairy pendant! Good job...I just made 2 pendants last night, but I am just a beginner! Nice blog!

kim* said...

pretty fairy :)

Angie said...

The sunflower pendent is just in time for summer!