Monday, June 22, 2009

Clayton's 6th Grade Graduation

I remember the day that I put him on the bus to go to kindergarten. He was so excited to go on a bus. I had a six day old baby at home so maybe that is why I was so emotional, but I cried so hard when that bus pulled away.

Fast forward to sixth grade, and Clay is taller than me, weighs more than me and wears a size 13 shoe! Once again, here I am crying because of another milestone that Clay has reached.

He's a good kid, and I know that he will do well in whatever he chooses to do. He is a determined and tenacious person, so he will do what he needs to do in order to reach his goals. He is kind and truthful, so I have no doubt that people will like him.

After the graduation dinner, the kids went outside to play. They played a game I'd never seen or heard of before. Basically it was like reverse dodge ball. My husband was the most competitive of them all. My little ones, the girl in the pink shirt and the tiny one in the green shirt, were also involved in the game.

It was so much fun. He told me that he is going to miss Greenwood School.


1 comment:

Audrey said...

I remember when our oldest started kindergarten. He graduated from high school one year ago and our youngest will graduated next year. Time really does fly when they are young.