Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Butterfly Pendant

This is the third pendant that I have made. The other two were practice and now my daughter wears one with her nickname on it and I wear one with a nautical star on it.
While I like mine, I must say, I was very tempted to keep this one for myself. I love things that are dainty and feminine and this pendant is both.
I did the original painting in colored pencil and watercolor over six years ago. I ended up giving it to a friend in exchange for huge amounts of brand new clothes she gave to me.
This is not the first time that I've gotten very attached to my work. It happens to me all the time with my art. There are certain pieces that I fall in love with and they are very hard to give up. I wonder if all artists and crafters have this problem?



I think that butterflies are lovely, but I know that this one is not for me. I am reluctantly selling it on etsy. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26255979






No comments: