Tuesday, May 19, 2009

While growing up in the North Atlanta suburbs as an only child, KBerlin's imagination was always a great source of entertainment. She loved playing outside, exploring wooded areas, creeks and fields or just her neighbors’ back yard. By picking up anything she found to be interesting or necessary, her pockets were always full of tiny treasures, and she was very accustomed to hearing the words "PUT THAT DOWN!"
Now she combines her love for tiny treasures with an appreciation for craftsmanship and detail. As a metalsmith, she creates artisan jewelry from precious metals and gem stones with a focus on original design and solid construction. All of KBerlin's pieces are handcrafted from Argentium sterling silver sheet and wire with some gold, brass or copper occasionally thrown in to add interest and contrast. Her fulfillment comes from creating beautiful jewelry without sacrificing wear-ability, durability or comfort. All of her jewelry is fashioned to be worn, to last, and to be loved. Just as her skills and craftsmanship have developed over time with experience, she realized that her work will always be ever-changing, ever-evolving in a natural progression.
Today, she still lives in the North Atlanta suburbs with her husband, their cat Cricket and two house bunnies, Heidi & Gretchen. In addition to creating her own jewelry designs, she has worked two days a week as a studio assistant to a locally well known jeweler since June of 2006.
She is a member of the following Etsy teams:- GaEtsyTeam- SEUS - SouthEast US Etsy Team- MSIA - MetalsmithsInAction team

Why do you create what you create?I create jewelry, not just for the sake of making jewelry but because I love tiny things with lots of detail and I thoroughly enjoy the process. I have a great appreciation for skill and craftsmanship, so I've dedicated myself and my time to learning the art of metalsmithing.

What other talents do you possess?I play in the dirt. I am an avid gardener and I love to take a plant that someone has neglected and nurse it back to life and watch it flourish. I enjoy working in my yard and my garden. I'm handy! My husband and I have done all of our home repairs and remodeling work.

What is your biggest goal for the year to come? My goal for this year is to find a few more galleries around the country to carry my work. For this reason, I've recently built a new web site: http://www.kberlin.com/ and I've worked diligently to improve my photography skills to create professional image.

Where else can we find your work? You can see my work at Raiford Gallery in Roswell, GA.


Spinning Band Twiddle Ring with gem stones, Argentium Sterling - FREE Shipping

Spirit Box Moon Pendant - FREE Shipping

Spirit Box Sun Pendant with Citrine