Friday, May 22, 2009

Went Shopping!

Yesterday I went shopping with a friend and bought all kinds of neat things to paint on. I am so excited, because these aren't just canvas and art boards as usual. I bought a clock, boxes, some wooden ballish things and other really cool stuff to paint on.

I think that although I love painting, there is something fun and functional about painting on stuff. I think that being able to create beautiful things that are useful will be new and interesting. Let's face it, there isn't much that you can do with art except hang it. You can't even take it with you to show it off!

I am not putting fine art down - at all. Believe me, I love it. It's just something new that I am going to try and if nothing else it will be a learning experience. I've done this sporadically in the past - twice that I've taken photos of. Here they are:


I have fun with all of this, and isn't that what it is about. Although these are cute, I really would like more detailed painting on the things that I want to make.
I am really looking forward to this and I want to keep you updated. I know this sounds like a huge task, but my goal is to paint one new painting a day on the following surfaces (objects):
Clocks, canvas bags, pendants for jewelry, decorative wooden spoons, prayer or blessing plaques, signs for the home, journals, cigar box purses, treasure chests, small peices of furniture, and anything else that I can find or think of.
Part of my goal will be to post it here everyday. Ofcourse, they will all be for sale in my etsy shop.
I just shook my own hand and wished myself good luck. Today is Friday, I need three more days to finish the painting I was commissioned to do and then I will move on to this goal. So - starting Tuesday, I will be like a crazy woman - or insane artist, whatever you want to call me.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Neat stuff! I love painting on things also, you make something functional an art piece!

xo
Sophie

AtHomeWithSewSuzanne said...

How fun!!! Your work is great, and it always good to try new things!! Good luck...