Sunday, May 3, 2009

Painting a day #6

I never do still life. It is not my thing. However, this challenge is all about trying new things. So, I went to the store and bought a few more mini canvases that I am becoming addicted to and I got started.

This canvas is tiny - about 2"x2". I wanted to make the red of the strawberry really stand out so I made the background a very dark green (red's compliment).















I blocked in the colors that I wanted the berry to be.
















I then added a little definition and highlights. It needed depth - so I gave it some extra shading on the left top side.







I brightened up the highlights - added a few teeny seeds and voila - The tiniest painting of a strawberry I've ever seen.

This painting - as well as quite a few others are for sale in my etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24510963

No comments: