Tuesday, May 5, 2009
























Painting #9 in the painting a day challenge. I wanted another side to my purse. So although it is not in keeping with the Creative Everyday Challenge theme, I decided to go ahead with it.

I used one of the many sponges that my littlest one calls Spongebob and painted some pastel blues and ponks. The fairy this time will be blue - no relation to the Disney blue fairy, so I went a little heavier on the pink.












This is the sketch of how she will look.

I tried a trick I read recently to transfer a drawing. It's a way of making your own transfer paper. You color the back of the drawing in colored chalk and then just put it on the surface and transfer it. It wourked well, except next time I will definately use a different color, one that matches the colors I will use in the painting.

I outlined the chalk in paint and got to work 'filling it in'.

This is the finished product. It is for sale in my etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24601367

5 comments:

LostRiverRags said...

Great artwork!

trudette, said...

thanks for sharing , great artwork !

BrigaBauble said...

OK, I absolutely must stop looking at your fairy pieces because they're all so awesome that I feel this overwhelming desire to have one. LOL.

Any chance a dragon will feature in a future painting of the day? :)

http://BrigaBauble.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Great job, love the illustrations!

RhiannonSTR said...

Yes, I love dragons and I will definately be doing a painting of one. When we went to Florida, there were these little lizards EVERYWHERE and I got some great photos of them, specifically for that purpose.