Monday, May 25, 2009

Ask any of my friends and they will tell you - I am a handbag freak. I love them. I probably have more handbags than I do clothing. So, it is not surprizing that I would find a shop on etsy that sells some very nice bags.

I interviewed Erin of RuJu, a shop filled with beautiful bags of many colors and sizes.

Why do you create what you create?hmmm...good question. I make purses because I LOVE bags. I sew at night, when my kids go to bed. Bedtime is very stressful for me. I have 2 kids, ages 5 and 2....neither one of them is a fan of sleeping...just like their mama. So, once they hit the hay I get to it by making bags. Sometimes if I really get into what I'm making I end up staying up really late, then I dread putting my kids in bed on time the night before cause I just want to sleep the morning away. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. he he he.

What other talents do you possess?Well, according to my 5 year old daughter I'm the "best cooker". (lol) Seriously tho, aside from sewing I also love photography. I have a studio and specialize in childrens portraits. I've also done a few weddings.

What is your biggest goal for the year to come?My biggest goal is to continue de-stressing myself by sewing. I have a habit of getting really into a certain thing, then out of know where changing directions onto a new endeavor. I've started to establish my name locally, and would love to be more recognized. So I guess it is to keep my fickle self focused.

Where else can we find your work? I do a few shows here and there around the central PA area. May 30th I will be in Lancaster, PA at the Eastern Market, and June 7th I will be at Crafty By Nature in Shupps Grove in Adamstown, PA. You can also find me on HandmadeInPa.net. It's an online community, and is a great place to find a whole bunch of Pennsylvania Crafters. RuJu also has a facebook page, where I update info on the shows I do. (all of these links are in my shop announcement)


Erin has 2 small children so everything you see in her shop was most likely created in the wee hours of the night. (I know how that is)She has been sewing since 9th grade, making purses for about 5 years. She rarely remembers to make patterns for her purses, so they are all pretty much one of a kind. She's married and has a pet guinea pig named froggie.

You should definately go have a look see at her unique handbag store RuJu.

Hot Air Balloon Purse
Brown Bag

Brown and Orange Supreme




2 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Lovely blog, and what woman doesn't adore beautifuly bags and purses ? Also visited your shop...fantastic digital prints, what great art work you have, so talented.
Anna

RuJu said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful feature! Great interview questions!
~erin