Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Painting a Day

I have decided to take a challenge. I have been wanting to jump on the 'a painting a day', train for a long time now. I never thought that I could ever complete a painting in one day. I am a perfectionist. I want to loosen up and experiment. I want to improve my speed and skill. I think that this will help me to do both, so I decided to just dive in. I don't know how long it will last . I was given a website to check out called Creative Everyday: http://creativeeveryday.com/creativeeveryday/2009/03/ced-april-theme-color.html



I plan to participate in the theme of the month and blog my paintings as much as possible. This painting took me about four or five hours. It's not perfect, there are still some pencil lines visible, but I didn't want perfection, I wanted a learning experience.
It is for sale in my etsy store:







2 comments:

elsiee said...

love your paintings! discovered your sweet blog on an etsy forum thread and now I must follow you! come on over and visit me sometime:

http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

renee said...

Wow, I wish I had time to do that. :)

Good luck!