Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inspiration

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle
"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
- John Wooden
"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Bagehot
I love these quotes. I am a firm believer that hard work comes first and if inspiration comes that is great, but if not, create anyway. Supposedly, it is not within our control, when we feel inspired. Why let something that you have no control over dictate when you do your work and when you don't . Not me, I refuse. So what if I'm not inspired? Ideas come to me in dreams, in nature, in passing thoughts and in everyday conversation. If every time I felt the need to create from an interesting idea, I'd never leave my canvas. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I have kids, a dog and a husband that need me.

I guess my point is - don't wait for inspiration to find you. Start the work and it will come.

.

No comments: